Do you know it’s vital to take your child to the dentist for their regular checkups? Yes, it’s true! Many people believe their baby teeth are not important, but they fail to understand the effect their baby teeth have on their gums and oral health. That is why it is essential to take excellent care of your little one’s smile.
Our dentist, Dr. Rob Holdridge, cares about providing top-notch oral care to your child. That is why our team at Rob Holdridge, DMD & Associates in Wheaton, Illinois, is excited to teach you more about the importance of your child’s dental checkup.
Here is a list of insight on why you should bring your child to see our dentist:
– Bringing your child to see our dentist at a young age can teach them all about oral health care and about the importance of their smile, which could stay with them throughout their life.
– Our dentist can look for gum disease hiding in your child’s smile to make sure the health and strength of your child’s gums are in top-notch shape.
– Help your child get comfortable at the dental office, so they can avoid any dental anxiety in their adult years.
– Your child needs to visit our dentist as soon as the first tooth erupts or their first year of age to make sure the teeth are growing in healthy and correctly.
– Due to high amounts of sugar in many food and drinks, any tooth decay in the baby teeth needs to be fixed because if neglected they could lead to gum disease, which causes severe damage to the permanent teeth development under the gumline.
Our dental team is happy to help you take excellent care of your child’s smile, so they can have a healthy smile as they grow into adulthood. If you have questions about our practice, or if you would like to schedule a checkup for your child, please call us today at 630-668-3423 to make an appointment. We are always happy to help you.